Gymnastics wins Sectional for first time since 1985

The+gymnastics+team+won+its+first+Sectional+since+1985+on+Saturday%2C+February+24+in+Connersville.+
The gymnastics team won its first Sectional since 1985 on Saturday, February 24 in Connersville.

Photo courtesy of Lindsey Griffin

Photo courtesy of Lindsey Griffin

Isaiah Cox, Online Editor

The Lady Red Devils won a gymnastics IHSAA Sectional championship for the first time in 33 years on Saturday, February 24, finishing with a score of 102.425. Junior Eva Bosell finished with her best bar score of the season with a 8.75, putting her at first in the bar routine. “It was just like a dream becoming a reality like this thing all of us have been working towards since my freshman year,” Bosell said. “My freshman year I was hurt so I couldn’t contribute much and sophomore year was more of a comeback year so this year was like the year. I was fully recovered and Lindsey and Camile were graduating so it was like it’s now or never.”

Coach Justine Coblentz-Boggs was happy with her teams performance in the Sectional. “I am so proud of the team,” Coblentz-Boggs said. “The girls have worked hard, faced fears and put in the numbers each and every practice. This has been the goal all season, hard work pays off.”

The team moves on to Regional at the Connersville Spartan Bowl March 3, at 11 a.m.

About the Writer
Isaiah Cox, Online Editor
I edit this website to the best of my abilities. I am a junior.