Pumpkins at Today's Harvest. (Jaxin Bohn)
Pumpkins at Today's Harvest.

Jaxin Bohn

Things to do this fall break

October 10, 2019

Looking for something to do over fall break? Some people feel that there isn’t much to do over break in a small town. As fall break approaches, people may feel that it will be another break of staying home and doing nothing. Here are a couple things people can do nearby Richmond to curb their boredom over next week’s break.

Photo provided by Jaxin Bohn
Hannah Haunted Acres website, https://hannahauntedacres.com/

Love a good scare? Here are just a few haunted houses to get a good scare around Richmond. 

Hanna Haunted Acres is in Indianapolis is open on Fridays, Saturday’s, and Sundays. 7-12 or 7-10:30 depending on the day. It costs $35-70 depending on what ticket you buy. The address is 7323 E Hanna Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46239.

The Lewisburg Haunted Cave is in Preble County, Ohio. It’s open on Friday and Saturdays. It’s hours are 6-12 or  7-12 depending on what days you go on. It’s $19-23 depending on the day. The address is 4392 Swishers Mill Rd, Lewisburg, OH 45338.

If haunted houses aren’t for you, embrace the fall season with orchards and corn mazes.

Jaxin Bohn
Today’s Harvest building. Their website is http://www.todaysharvestfarm.com/

Today’s Harvest is a corn maze and gift shop located in Preble County, Ohio. The corn maze is $7 for a single day pass and $10 for a season pass. Children under 4 get in for free. Inside and outside are flowers, pumpkins, apples, home decor, knickknacks, and donuts. The address is 5859 St Rte 320, New Paris, OH 45347.

Dougherty Orchards is an Apple Orchard with a gift shop and a petting zoo, located in Cambridge City, IN. It’s open every day. On Monday-Friday and Sunday the hours are 10-6, Saturday hours are 12-6. The petting zoo is two dollars per person. The address is 1117 North, 9411, Dougherty Rd, Cambridge City, IN 47327.

If anything, staying at home and relaxing is always a nice get away.

1 Comment

One Response to “Things to do this fall break”

1. Pam long on October 11th, 2019 9:35 am

This was very informative. The haunted cave is awsome. Aple orchard another great place. Thank you for the info. Now I know some places to tell my grandchildren about.

The Register • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in