The Register

Filed under News, Showcase, Web Only

Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.

Email This Story

Senior Tyler Winfrey was killed in what police are calling an accidental shooting on Monday, February 18. Winfrey was shot inside of an apartment on Grand Boulevard in Richmond, Indiana. He was then transported to Reid Hospital where he later died from his wound.

Winfrey impacted many people within his community, from teachers and friends to friendly faces in the hallway.

“He was always very happy, friendly and respectful with a smile on his face when I talked to him in the hallways,” FACS teacher Katie Reising said.

Others remember Winfrey as goofy and loving.

“Tyler was an amazing person,” sophomore Payton Buckley said. “He was always there for you whenever you needed him and there was never a dull moment around Tyler. He could make anyone laugh. Tyler was just sitting on the bus with me talking to me about how he was ready to graduate and how he finally felt like he was getting his life on path and I hugged him told him to keep it up.”

Winfrey impacted most people in the same general ways.

“Tyler was the life of the party,” freshman MaKenahleigh Jones said. “There was never a dull moment with him. He kept everyone on their toes, and always put a smile on everyone’s face.”

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
About the Writer
Shylah Gibson, Editor-in-Chief

I am a senior and I play softball. I plan to attend college at either University of Indianapolis or Miami University and study forensic science or human...

6 Comments

6 Responses to “Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting”

1. Skylinn Bradburn on February 19th, 2019 11:08 am

Tyler was an amazing person. When he wasn’t at school I worried about him. He was like a big brother to me and he was just amazing. Tyler will be missed dearly and we will always remember him for the person he was. We love you Tyler Winfrey.

2. alexis moore on February 19th, 2019 11:41 am

Even though Tyler didn’t like me I considered him as a friend and he was a great kid and he will be dearly missed. R.I.P Tyler Winfrey you were amazing.

3. Dearieun Hicks #tink on February 19th, 2019 1:53 pm

Tyler you will alwayss be and my heart adn my mind. Tylers world

4. Sheila J Rodgers on February 20th, 2019 12:48 am

Man Tyler never talked to me but, just seeing him in school and considering him as a friend it kinda hurts to see this happen to an incident person who didn’t deserve what happened. I remember sitting in class and make jokes and he’d laugh or when he’d aggravate teachers while twisting his hair. We were an amazing kid and will be truly missed #R.I.HTylerWinfrey

5. Mercedes McGraw on February 22nd, 2019 2:34 am

I’ma miss you cuz I feel fortunate to have known u as a kid then to work with you as an adult brought us closer we be at McDonald’s singing and clowning around striking folks talking bout girls hanging out after and chilling man there is no plus to this every has lost today and this world is a little darker with out your light in it….
    Long distant shores
    To the east we set flight
    to the treasures there
    No goal seems out of reach
    Milk and honey
    Like a warm wondering destination
    I find myself traveling
    The feeling of one slipping away knowing i must go and you must stay
    Gurd up your strength
    Cry laugh and shout
    Cause I’m partying with God
    And no one can put me out 😀

6. Drake Mattias on February 23rd, 2019 8:45 am

Tyler you were my big brother at club we played basketball ball every day. I miss you so so much. 😢😢🙏🙏

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

Navigate Left

Automotive Students Women’s Grant

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Around the school

Students of the week – 3/11/19

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Around the school

Dennis shooting puts spotlight on school security

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

News

‘Red for Ed’ teacher rally draws 1,000 to State House

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Around the school

Chitchat-Best Friends Edition

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting

Around the school

Tony Sonsini announced as new head football coach

• Senior Tyler Winfrey killed in accidental shooting