Tech teamwork

Conner Necessary, Reporter

As the first six weeks came to a close and students become readjusted to the learning environment of the high school, the use of school issued laptops is in full effect. With so much reliance on using technology to learn RHS Tech Team teacher Jeremy Hill feels the pressure from all angles. Each and every day, the tech team faces combats computer maintenance, blended learning,  and tech support related issues. Recently the tech team presented to the Indiana Association of Public School Superintendents and the Indiana School Board Association in Indianapolis. They presented on Tech Team activities, blended learning, genius hour, and digital citizenship. With all innovations in eLearning, it takes a strong staff to support all of these issues.

“We have many new members on the team,” Hill said. “It takes a while to get everyone up to speed.”

While the tech team staff can fix most issues some are out of their jurisdiction. Things such as broken charging ports and cracked screens are some of the most common issues that tech team students cannot fix.

One of the biggest challenges the tech team is preparing for the first eLearning day on October 8th. Overall the tech team is continuing to innovate and press on in terms of exploring the use of technology in the lives of students.

About the Writer
Conner Necessary, Reporter

I'm a senior who plays basketball. I plan on studying either agribusiness or pre-med in college.