Standing together wearing Maddie Made sweatshirts are senior Maggie Camp and freshman Lydia Casiano.

Photo by Jasmin Lykke

Students buy Maddie Made apparel

March 8, 2019

Jasmin Lykke
Wearing her Maddie Made t-shirt is junior Maddie Brunton. Founder of Maddie Made, her products can be purchased over Facebook and Instagram on the page Maddie Made.

Maddie Brunton is thinking of ideas for new designs for her business. She has started selling clothing, jewelry, magnets, and cups on Instagram and Facebook. Her business so far is a big success and Maddie is inspired to come up with new ideas every day.

“My inspiration was just because I love making stuff for other people and I like buying things that I love so I wanted to make things that people love,” junior Maddie Brunton said.

Starting a business is a big step and having someone by your side supporting you can be helpful.

“My parents are very supportive, they’ve helped me get it started and buy the materials so they’re super supportive,” Brunton said.

Having a job, going to school, and participating in other activities can be hard to balance, but it is not impossible.

“It’s kind of hard to fit into my school schedule because I have a job but I’m definitely getting better as I go,” Brunton said. “It’s kind of hard to balance it right now because I’m not good at balancing things anyways.”

Juggling multiple activities may be difficult but it can make for a good learning experience.

“The more I do things the more it helps me find different tips and techniques which is better,” Brunton said. “I try to use my school time to the fullest so I try to get everything done at school and when I go home I work.”

“It starts with a dream. I knew what I wanted to do and I just had to keep pushing to get there and I’m obviously not that high up there. Definitely putting your mind to something can get you as far as you want it to get you.””

— junior Maddie Brunton

Brunton purchased a machine called a Cricut which helps her cut out fabrics and paper to produce her products.

“I got a Cricut and I thought it was awesome,” she said. “I could do this for other people and make a profit off it.”

Making your own products can also be time-consuming and create the challenge of time management. 

“I think the hardest part is figuring out how much time it’s going to take,” Brunton said. “It’s not so much how hard it is but it also doesn’t help because I’m a perfectionist.”

Brunton sells her products at varying prices to make them available to a wide audience.

“The cheapest thing I have is five dollars and that’s a water decal but they vary depending on how much is on the shirt if it’s front and back, or a lot of colors,” she said.

Some products are more popular than others.

“The shirts have been the most successful because they can be customized which means if they have something they want to be done they can send me a picture and I can make it,” Brunton said.

Brunton has advice for others with a goal similar to her own.

“It starts with a dream,” Brunton said. “I knew what I wanted to do and I just had to keep pushing to get there and I’m obviously not that high up there. Definitely putting your mind to something can get you as far as you want it to get you.”

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Students buy Maddie Made apparel”

1. Scout on March 9th, 2019 10:16 pm

I loved this! So proud of Maddie❤️!

2. Karlee on March 11th, 2019 2:01 pm

Love this story!Great Job!!

The Register • Copyright 2019 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in